Wednesday 3 April 2013

How to escape a 9-To-5 life?

Day -75 (6 months break)



Wednesday, 03/04/2013, I need to celebrate and announce that FINALLY one of our long planned dreams has been launched.

“6 bloody months off from work!!!!!’ “Wow!!!”

This has been on the list of our life agenda for a long time, ever since we realized that our career path didn’t offer us any joy in our life and we both felt that we were stuck into our comfort zone which only allow us to live like a rat in the rat race. We have been tried hard to live like most of people as socially recommended, “study hard and get a stable job, and life then will look after you.’. However, the suggested pathway awarded us spending most of time at work instead of being with our loved ones, limited options than freedom of choice and discouraging doing what we want to do than giving a change to improve to reach our dreams. Too negative? Unfortunately, this is exactly how I have felt quite a long time and I am not willing to hide or disguise about my feeling any longer.  We clearly knew that we needed a change but we have been trying to delay the decision as we were afraid of the freedom (We have an allergy on too much freedom which we are not used to have) and responsibilities on our decision.

Beginning of 2013, we set up a meeting on Manly Beach. ‘A Meeting’ sounds bit awkward between husband and wife but I wanted to make it bit more formal so we could take it more seriously. The first item we both agreed from the list of New Year resolutions was taking a long break. So, ‘Today is The Day!’, I decided to force myself to achieve the goal. I emailed my boss to ask some spare time and 2:45pm, I sat in front of him and talked him about my plan.

“I need a break.”
“mmmmm... OK...”
“How long and when?”
“6 months and from the middle of June”
“mmmmm... that long...?”
“I do need this break.”
“Let me think about it.”

My boss told me that he needs to discuss with his boss because the leave is quite long (what a hierarchy...!) but he supports my decision which he wishes to make one day.

My leave request is now out of my hand. It was simpler than I thought and worried. We all tend to worry more than what actually can happen. I am not sure what made us so passive and negative. That’s the one of reasons why we need this break. I still haven’t got any clear answer/approval but I need to congratulate my braveness and starting of our new journey. I am excited but nervous at the same time as so many things we need to prepare before our journey/travelling has started.

I would like to share with you what we will go through and how we will manage our break meaningfully so you can be a part of our new life. I have called a second meeting with my husband this Saturday so more detailed plans will come up then. Stay with us and enjoy with us.

“WOW!!!”


No comments: